Friday 8 March 2013

One Page Damage

The rules for damage and healing. I'm particularly happy with "1 HP/level fatigue damage" because it covers so many situations - some to be expanded on in the wilderness rules in "52 Pages Expert Set". Walking through a rainstorm won't kill you, but it will make you less durable in your fight against those ogres.

"Injury" refers to my death and dismemberment table. I'll be refurbishing that a little, too.


Yes, I allow two saves for poison, just like getting knocked down to 0 HP won't usually kill you. I'm a softie like that.

4 comments:

  1. I've been casually following along as you've massaged this whole 52 Page things along, Roger, and I have to say you've come up with some really sweet, elegant stuff along the way. It's not a game I'd drop what I'm doing to play, but there's sure been some cool idea to nab for use in my campaign. This post in particular jumps out as a great one.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Koren! The whole idea of breaking it out page by page is to make it more nab-able ... I'm well aware that most people have their preferences, and that there are more than enough complete systems out there.

      Delete
  2. I love how the 52 Page rules are coming along, I was waiting to see how you would do the damage/healing. I decided to play-test this with my group and when it comes to a rule that we are unsure on it's so quick and easy to look up with the way you display it. We have only done two sessions so far but you have everyone in my group loving what is made of the rules set so far.

    ReplyDelete